Recipe by Toby Amidor, “The Greek Yogurt Kitchen: More Than 130 Delicious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Day”
Click here to purchase the cookbook.
Try this delicious salad parfait recipe and then meet the author of “The Greek Yogurt Kitchen: More Than 130 Delicious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Day” on Feb. 2nd from 11:30-1 p.m. at the Idaho Dairy Council in Meridian.
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 2 Kirby or Persian cucumbers
- ¼ head romaine lettuce
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 medium carrots
- Put the yogurt in a medium bowl, add the basil and parsley, and stir to combine.
- Set aside.
- Mince the garlic.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar, mustard powder, salt, and black pepper.
- While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified.
- Cut the tomatoes and cucumbers into ¼-inch dice; you should have about 1 cup of each.
- Shred the romaine.
- Cut the yellow bell pepper in half, discard the seeds, and cut into ¼-inch dice.
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- To assemble the parfaits, layer the bottom of each of four parfait glasses with ¼ cup diced tomatoes, followed by ¼ cup diced cucumbers and ½ cup shredded lettuce.
- Gently press down with the back of a spoon to pack the ingredients.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture, ¼ cup of the diced yellow pepper, and then ¼ cup of the shredded carrots.
- Drizzle with 1½ tablespoons of the vinaigrette.NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING): Calories: 168; Total Fat: 14 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Protein: 4 grams; Total Carbohydrates: 9 grams; Sugars: 4 grams; Fiber: 2 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 166 milligrams