Status: Full-Time Position
Posted: March, 2016
Do you enjoy the process of telling stories through video, photos and captions? How well can you share events or news on social platforms? Do you enjoy pulling together digital assets, conducting interviews and editing video clips to create something like this:
If you answered yes to any of the above – then this position may be right for you! Reporting to the Vice President of Integrated Communications, this public relations position is fast-paced, allows for a lot of creativity, and provides plenty of interaction with team members, external partners and cows! The person filling this position will be responsible for all digital activities including the creation and execution of campaigns that will raise awareness of the UDI’s brand, drive engagement, and expand our digital audiences. This person will work collaboratively with team members to plan and execute web, email, social media and digital marketing communications, and be responsible for tracking and optimizing campaigns and websites. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate an awareness of new technologies and stay at the forefront of developments in digital marketing and measurement.
- Work closely with all United Dairy of Idaho team members to continue to enhance collaboration in the pursuit of organizational goals
- Work with supervisor to create and manage budgets related to key role functions
- Stay abreast of competitive & industry issues
- Work collaboratively to plan and execute all web, email, social media, content marketing and display advertising campaigns and digital assets
- Oversee social media strategy and work within a cross-functional team to create and schedule content across all platforms (Facebook, Twitter Instagram, YouTube, Periscope, and other new platforms)
- Work with cross-functional team to draft, design, send and manage e-mail communications
- Integrate communications campaigns across all available digital assets and website, along with incorporating into broader marketing campaigns
- Coordinate with partners to leverage mutual assets to promote the dairy industry, nutrition, school activities and other industry or public events
- Identify content provided by national organization to determine best use, and opportunities for customization
- Assist with community events as needed.
- Assist with CRM database management and event registrations and third party vendors
- Develop, maintain and communicate editorial calendars for all events, activities and news announcements
- Establish and analyze website analytics tools (Google Analytics, etc.) and other third-party software
- Ability to work on-location for the purpose of taking photos, shooting video or managing creative partners as they obtain digital assets.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Public Relations, Digital Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field
- Must have 1-3 years of experience in digital marketing and digital communications
- Working knowledge of CMS and CRM systems
- Photoshop/InDesign, Video editing programs (iMovie, Adobe Premiere, etc)
- Knowledge of agriculture, nutrition preferred but not required
- Must have a desire to learn and understand the dairy industry
- Some travel required (<15%)
- A creative mind.
- Get along. Be nice.
- Enthusiasm about creating content and working inside as well as outside the office.
- Ability to identify target audiences and devise digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Expertise in writing, messaging and branding
- Keen ability to identify, prioritize and execute initiatives based on organizational goals
- Detailed and practical knowledge of and experience with all major and emerging social media platforms as well as posting and listening tools
- Strong analytic and reporting skills
- Experience managing external consultants, agencies and other vendors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer, mobile and app knowledge
- Responsible to be dependable and a self-starter
- Valid Idaho driver’s license, or ability to obtain within six months
The Idaho Dairy Products Commission (IDPC), which has the authority to go to market as the United Dairymen of Idaho (UDI) was established with the mission to provide Idaho’s dairy farm families with resources to support a prosperous Idaho dairy industry. Through coordinated marketing and communications programs, nutrition counseling and research programs, UDI aims to inspire trust in dairy farming and dairy products and encourages global demand for Idaho-produced dairy products. UDI works through the Idaho Dairymen’s Association, and its Heath & Wellness brand, the Idaho Dairy Council and to accomplish its goals.
Must be able to perform physical requirements of this job with or without accommodations
- Ability to lift over 35 pounds
- Involves sitting, using hands to handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms, talking and hearing
- Ability to travel via various forms of transportation
Please send a resume and digital portfolio of work to:
Subject Line: Integrated Communications Application