Guidelines for Success
Exploring Dairy in the Classroom is a grant program providing Idaho Educators the opportunity to receive reimbursement for dairy product purchased to enhance a nutrition lesson taught to preschool-12th grade students. The goal of the nutrition lesson is to highlight healthy foods from multiple sources and provide a nutrient-rich dairy product for students to enjoy while learning about nutrition. Please remember that this is not a product donation program for any school event.
- The dairy product(s) can be used as an ingredient in a recipe or served by itself.
- A nutrition lesson / activity must be presented in order to qualify for reimbursement.
- An Idaho Dairy Council educational material piece is highly encouraged to use to enhance lesson.
- The dairy product needs to be served / used the day of the lesson.
- Funding for this program is restricted to cow’s milk and milk products such as yogurt, cheese and other items made with ingredients from cow’s milk.
- Educators may apply for the grant program more than once, but respectfully for opportunity for all to participate.
- The application needs to be received by our office prior to the lesson.
- More than one application can be submitted at a time.
- Please include a lesson plan or objectives and activity information with the application.
- If using a recipe, please include a copy.
- Idaho Dairy Council will notify the person applying regarding approval or concerns by phone or email.
- The reimbursement form needs to be completed and submitted.
- A copy of the receipt(s) for dairy products purchased must be included with the reimbursement form.
- Only products made from cow’s milk or containing ingredients derived from cow’s milk will be reimbursed.
- The reimbursement check will be made to the school.
- The reimbursement amount is for dairy product purchased.
Please feel free to share photos and post to social media using hashtag #IdahoDairy. If you have questions or concerns, or are willing to share the benefits of the program on your school and/or students, contact Calla Chapin at 332-1641 or mailto:CChapin@udidaho.org