- CAPITAL PRESS: Transparency, education focus of dairy tourRead Article
Like virtually every other dairyman, John Brubaker is proud of his family operation and the lengths he, his sons and their employees go to care for their animals and bring a wholesome product to the table.
- UDI and Dominos Bring “Dairy Goodness” to Magic Valley Dairy DaysRead Article
Domino’s and the United Dairymen of Idaho teamed up to support Magic Valley Dairy Days by offering free pizza, prizes and more at the festival at Wendell City Park. Families were invited to enjoy free slices of pizza, meet with local dairy farmers and win prizes such as T-shirts, keychains, Frisbees, and more in celebration of National Dairy Month. Magic Valley Dairy Days is a “Delivering Dairy Goodness” event that Domino’s and local dairy farms partner on to celebrate the hard work and passion that farmers deliver, from the dairy goodness of their farms to families’ tables.
- Beranna Dairy Hosts KIVI’s ‘J on the Job’ for June Dairy MonthRead Article
Derek Teunissen shows KIVI’s ‘J on the Job’ crew what it’s like to work on a dairy! June is National Dairy Month and was the perfect reason to show consumers across Idaho the dairy operations.
- Seahawks’ Trufant Rallies Magic Valley Fuel Up to Play 60 SchoolsRead Article
Marcus Trufant was a guest at the Fuel Greatness Magic Valley event on Tuesday at Canyon Crest. The event featured more than 200 students from eight different schools who were exemplary members of the Fuel Up to Play 60 program. The program is a venture between, among others, the National Dairy Council and the NFL. Though all schools are allowed to participate in the program, which seeks to combine the benefits of nutrition with physical activity, the schools in attendance on Tuesday were the best of the best in the local area.
- Jaclyn St. John Named Young Dietitian of the YearRead Article
Jaclyn St, John, Manager of Health & Wellness, was honored as Young Dietitian of the Year at the Idaho Academy of Dietetics and Nutrition (IAND) in Boise
- CAPITAL PRESS: Idaho Dairy Group Prepares Future LeadersRead Article
United Dairymen of Idaho is helping the newest generation of dairy leaders to be informed, prepared and effective in representing their industry and keeping it on a sustainable course.
- KIVI/FOX 9: On the Job National School Breakfast WeekRead Article
It’s National School Breakfast week and the Idaho Dairy Council and West Ada Schools invited J to see what goes into serving up 200 breakfasts in less than 45 minutes.
- KMTV: Local Schools Receive Dairy Council Funding For Wellness ProgramRead Article
High Schools in Filer, Minico, Richfield and the Sawtooth Elementary in Twin Falls will receive funding to support their “Fuel Up To Play 60” initiatives. The Idaho Dairy Council said the schools were selected from among hudres across the country that applied for funding to help them jumpstart and sustain healthy nutrition and physical activity improvements.
- TIMES-NEWS: United Dairymen of Idaho Announce Annual Award WinnersRead Article
This week, dairy farmers and industry partners gathered in Boise for the United Dairymen of Idaho’s annual meeting. Several awards were given out to honor dairy farmers who have achieved excellence in their industry.
- CAPITAL PRESS: NFL Great Talks about Benefits of Dairy as part of Fuel Up To Play 60 programRead Article
Former NFL cornerback Marcus Trufant made a surprise visit to an Idaho middle school Oct. 24 and spoke to students there about the important role dairy products can play in physical performance.
- KIVI: Celebrating Dairy Month With SmoothiesRead Article
What started in the 1930’s as National Milk Month is now referred to as National Dairy Month. Because Idaho is the 4th-highest milk-producing state in the country, Good Morning Idaho had Crystal Wilson share what the Idaho Dairy Council contributes to the state, along with a quick, easy smoothie recipe.
- KIVI: UDI Helps Celebrate National Ice Cream MonthRead Article
Making ice cream at home is so much easier than it was when you were a kid. You don’t have to have the rock salt, ice, and hand crank. With frozen bowls, you can have your ice cream ready in about half an hour. Cindy Miller from United Dairymen of Idaho showed Good Morning Idaho an easy recipe for vanilla ice cream.
- IDAHO PRESS: Media Visit Liberty Ranch to Learn More about IndustryRead Article
Images from a tour of Liberty Ranch, a dairy farm in Kuna Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2014. John Wind Jr. is the owner of Libery Ranch south of Kuna. The dairy farm milks around 2,600 cows a day
- KIVI: Media Visit Liberty Ranch to Learn More about IndustryRead Article
John Wind, Jr., owns and operates Liberty Ranch a few miles south of Kuna. The family operation milks 2,600 cows every day, which is often toured by people of the Treasure Valley.