2017 Applications are Closed.
United Dairymen of Idaho is pleased to announce the Idaho Dairy Family Scholarship program.
Scholarships in the amount of $1500 will be awarded to the dairy farm families of Idaho. Scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors and post high school continuing education (e.g. trade school, two-year, four-year, or graduate studies) students. (4) $1500 scholarships will be designated strictly for students enrolled or intending to enroll in trade school.
The Bill & Charlotte Stouder Memorial Scholarship will be presented to the highest scoring scholarship applicant each year in memory of Bill and Charlotte Stouder, as a tribute to their dedication to Idaho’s dairy industry. One (1) scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $2500.
If you have problems completing this form electronically in its current configuration, please feel free to submit as a separate word document.
Guidelines and Eligibility – Please Read Carefully
- The scholarships are open to immediate family members of licensed Idaho operations. The dairy must have a valid milk permit at the time the scholarship application is submitted.
- Scholarships are awarded based on academic record, leadership qualities, community involvement, and need.
- Scholarships will be awarded to both agricultural related and non-agricultural majors.
- Each applicant is eligible to receive one scholarship as a graduating high school senior and one scholarship as a continuing education student.
- Handwritten applications will not be considered.
- Provide two signed letters of recommendation with the application. Please note: family members may not provide recommendations.
- Provide a copy of either your high school transcript for graduating high school seniors or college transcript for continuing education students. Unofficial transcript from applicant’s school is acceptable.
- Scholarships will not be deferred for use at a later date. Scholarship monies must be distributed to the recipient’s school in the year in which the scholarship was received or the scholarship will be forfeited.
- In July, scholarship checks for recipients will be mailed to the school indicated on the application requesting the funds be applied to the recipient’s account.
- Scholarship recipients will be asked to furnish a photo of themselves and a short biography to be printed used in UDI public relation efforts.